Area Sales Manager - South East London & Kent - Building Products ( MFR ) Ref: 12,586
c£43,000 to £48,000 Basic + £12,000 - £15,000 Commissions + Choice of Co Car plus Full Benefits package
Region: South East London & Kent ( SE, CR, BR, DA, RM, ME, CT and TN postcodes )
Our client is a leading and International Building products Manufacturer in their particular field of business and have a track record of selling to contractors, specifiers, merchants and public sector customers and authorities. They also have a great reputation for career development with excellent staff retention and stability and the current Sales Manager has climbed the career ladders from their start in a similar Sales position.
They are currently recruiting for an Area Sales Manager to cover the South East London and Kent Region. Candidates that apply will need to live within or relatively near to this Region with the best locations in the following or near to one of the postcodes: SE, CR, BR, DA, RM, ME, CT and TN
You will ideally need to have some external sales experience and preferably a background in professional Sales in a product orientated environment. The role is "person led" and therefore you must be engaging, have an articulate confident manner and be someone who is seen and remembered in a positive light. This client is also looking for a professional individual who is bright / well educated, has a “stable career” history and someone who is prepared to put the hard work and effort into developing their Sales Region and their Sales Career.
As Area Sales Manager you will have responsibility to develop and manage the wide range of customers whether Contractors, Specifiers, merchants or public sector clients on the region. The successful candidate will be required to build on existing relationships with daily face to face visits to develop accounts and maximize Sales and Company presence. You will also be required to seek and identify sales growth and business opportunities to help increase the turnover on the Region.
- An enthusiastic manner and positive attitude
- Business intelligence
- Ability to listen and understand customers
- Confident and Professionally presented
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Good organisational skills
- Positive and Energetic
- Excellent Telephone Manner
- Where necessary spend occasional nights away.
- Living in or relatively near to the South East London and Kent Region
- Experience in selling to Building Contractors / Merchants / Specifiers will be an advantage, although not essential. Backgrounds in professional B2B Sales in other sectors have been recruited and will be looked at positively.
- Experience in external sales is probably preferred though again this Company have trained others in their sales team from internal type sales roles. Salaries will be professional though at a slightly lower level for these less experienced Sales individuals looking to develop their sales careers.
- A stable / relatively stable career history is also essential for this client who will be investing substantially in career and personal development for the successful applicant.
- Full UK Driving Licence
To summarise you will need to be articulate, intelligent, enthusiastic and driven to fit into a successful and growing organisation with a great sales team. You will also have a positive approach to sales and have a relatively good level of IT literacy. Essentially, you must have the personality, intelligence, drive and enthusiasm not only to develop existing customers but also to seek new business opportunities where appropriate, help secure targets and build your career over the long term within an organisation which is continuing to grow year on year.