Area Sales Manager - Industrial Products & Services - South East England – Ref: 12,540
c£35,000 Basic plus realistically £15,000 - £18,000 Commissions ( Could be much more too ) + Quality Car – ( Probably Mercedes ) plus Full Benefits package
Region: South East London, Kent & Sussex
Our client is a UK market leading and International supplier in their particular field of business and have a track record of selling to a huge range of manufacturing, public sector and industrial end user clients. This client also has a great reputation for career development with exceptional staff retention and stability … The current Sales Director has climbed the career ladder with this Group from their start in a similar Sales position.
They are currently recruiting for an Area Sales Manager to cover the South East of England Region. Candidates that apply will need to live within this Region with the best locations within East Sussex and Kent and Greater London ( South East )
You will ideally need to have some external sales experience and preferably a background in professional Sales in a product orientated or service sector environment. The role is "person led" and therefore you must be engaging, have an articulate manner and be someone who is seen and remembered in a positive light. This client is also looking for a professional individual who is bright / well educated and prepared to put the hard work and effort into developing their Sales Region and their Sales Career.
As Area Sales Manager you will have responsibility to develop and manage the wide range of customers whether Industrial Manufacturers and end users, Contractors, Resellers or Public sector clients on the region. The successful candidate will be required to build on existing relationships with daily face to face visits to develop accounts and maximize Sales and Company presence. You will also be required to seek and identify sales growth and business opportunities - with the assistance of an excellent internal account manager - to help increase the turnover on the Region.
- An enthusiastic manner and positive attitude
- Business intelligence
- Ability to listen and understand customers
- Confidence and Professionally presented
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Good organisational skills
- Positive and Energetic
- Excellent Telephone Manner
- Living in the South East of England on or near to the "patch".
- Experience in selling to Industrial or construction markets will be an advantage, although not essential. Backgrounds in professional Business to Business Sales in other sectors have been recruited and will be looked at positively.
- Experience in external sales is probably preferred though again this Company have trained others in their sales team from internal type sales roles. Salaries will be professional though at a slightly lower level for these less experienced Sales individuals looking to develop their sales careers.
- Full UK Driving Licence
To summarise you will need to be articulate, intelligent, enthusiastic and driven to fit into a successful and growing organisation with a great sales team. You will also have a positive approach to sales and have a relatively good level of IT literacy.
Essentially, you must have the personality, intelligence, drive and enthusiasm not only to develop strong existing customer relationships, but also to seek new business opportunities where appropriate, help secure targets and build your career over the long term within an organisation which is continuing to grow year on year and where there are numerous opportunities for career development.
Please call Nick George at Alexander Chapel to discuss this role in more detail or apply ASAP with your CV.
Our Recruitment Team has over one hundred years of experience so we are confident we can help you if you want to look at other Sales and Sales orientated Business to Business roles so send your CV into us and we will see what extra we can do.