Sales Executive / Business Developer – Building / Construction Products & Services
(Based Bristol) Ref: 12,958A
c£35,000 to £40,000 Basic , OTE £38,000 to £45,000 plus full benefits & career opportunities.
This role has come up through the internal promotion of the existing Sales Executive / Business Developer.
In this position you will be working in a team environment where you will be encouraged to fulfil and exceed your targets and demonstrate skills in all aspects of the role, including account management, pro-actively generating new sales opportunities, following-up leads and establishing and managing new and existing relationships.
This role will be a mix of both External and Internal Sales and will cover sales to customers throughout England and Wales and will be working with a Bristol based organisation.
- A track record in Sales in the Construction / Building Industry.
- At least 3-4 years sales experience
- Any Public Sector working experience or experience of selling to the Public Sector will be particularly helpful for this application
- Comfortable with both External and Internal Sales work. Whilst this role will be dealing mainly with existing customers there will be some new business generation and cold calling involved with this role.
- First class presentation and face to face sales skills
- Clear speaking voice and excellent telephone manner.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Enthusiastic, personable and with a strong work ethic
- Generating sales with established and new customers in the Construction and building market sector. A large percentage of these customers will be in the Public Sector such as Social Housing Providers, Local Authorities, Councils and Education Authorities.
- Establishing the contact details of the key decision-makers within new customers, telephoning and discussing with them their needs and creating interest in the product range.
- Making a good volume of Business calls to develop new Sales, expand and develop current relationships and make repeat sales.
- Meet and discuss and close business with customers throughout England and Wales.
- Extending and refining the company’s database.
- Building a professional “pipeline” of business and business opportunities.
- Building excellent relationships with a range of decision makers including senior and director level staff and buyers.
- Following-up of all industry specific marketing campaigns
- Managing campaigns and lead generation activities.
There will be an excellent career with this Bristol based Company and there will be options for advancement in External Sales, Internal Sales and Marketing and Management positions with this great Company.