My client is one of the largest venue organisations in the country and has grown over the last 25 years, to adapt to the demands of the ever-changing events industry. The Group consists of a purpose-built conference and exhibition facility, three hotels with a combined total of 341 bedrooms, and an event production company which specialises in corporate conferences and special events.
They are currently looking to recruit a Venue Sales Manager.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
- To manage an existing portfolio of exhibitions/conferences and develop them to their full potential.
- To identify new exhibitions/conferences for inclusion in the diary, with the likelihood to focus on a particular market sector as allocated by the Sales & Marketing Director.
- To evaluate, with the view to determining suitability for inclusion in the centres calendar, exhibitions/conferences currently staged at other venues by visiting the event in question.
- To be confident in contacting, via telephone, new prospects and developing relationships to create opportunities to meet/generate event enquiries.
- To carry out tenancy and catering negotiations with clients with a view to agreeing terms based on commitment, duration and tariff.
- To deal with incoming enquiries into the sales office actively promoting and selling the services of the centre to secure future business of both new and existing clients.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the conference / exhibition sector
- Thorough understanding of the venues market
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record in sales and negotiations preferably in a sales account management role with a good record of achieving targets
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and methodical with strong administration skills and with the ability to work to deadlines
- Passionate and enthusiastic with the drive and energy to see a task through to completion
- IT literate – proficient in word, excel, e-mail and databases
- Full clean driving licence
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong positive attitude and will actively seek the opportunity to work as part of a wider team
The role will require a mix of working from the office and a home base, alongside working in the venue. The rest of the time will be spent out visiting prospects/clients – this is all dependant on the needs of the department. There will be some out of hours and weekend working. They are looking to pay a basic salary of around £35k to include a car allowance with a chance to earn commission on top.